Thursday, August 13, 2009

Movie Review: 500 Days of Summer



Jem: I might have to like this movie more now that I've seen this version of the poster. It's très adorable!! So last night, after months, weeks and days of anticipation, I finally made it out to see this flick.
I liked it.
It's definitely a hipster's wet dream but, that being said, there are some great, honest moments in the movie. The soundtrack is good, naturally featuring such artists as The Smiths, Carla Bruni, The Pixies and Feist. Also, the movie has a nice look to it and even though it jumps around a lot it does so in an interesting way that flows well...well, once you get used to it. The first 10 minutes are little all over the place, if you ask me. Which, you invariably did since you're reading my blog post.
And I think the casting is really good. Joseph Gordon Levitt is really great and cute and cute in it (yes, he's so cute I had to say it twice). And Zooey Deschanel is the hipster it-girl. She's adorable and pretty but normal. She has some decent clothes in the movie...and a few great outfits. As a rule, I really like ZD but I didn't like her character at all. I think Summer is a mean jerk!
That is all.

No comments: